Concrete stone traps
Trap stones and debris before they enter your effluent tank
The Harvey Tanks stone trap, sometimes known as a wedge, has been manufactured in Southland for over 12 years. There are a large number of stone traps at dairy sheds throughout Otago and Southland.
The solids that accumulate in the stone trap need to be regularly removed onto a sealed surface located directly beside the stone trap which drains any liquid back to the stone trap. The solids should be applied evenly to the land.
Harvey Tanks stone traps are designed so that you can drive a 4WD front end loader into it to clean it out. The effluent from the stone trap then flows to a Harvey Tanks open-top effluent tank where there is a pump mounted on a pontoon that will pump the effluent to an approved farm irrigator, or disposal system. These tanks will float in 400 - 500mm of water.
Specifications of Harvey Tanks' concrete stone trap
- Internal width at the back wall is 2250mm
- Internal width at front where tractor drives in is 2450mm
- Internal height is 800mm
- Area for placing stone trap is 2.9m x 3.6m x 900mm deep
- There are 4 x 1.3 tonne ramset type lifters in the floor of the stone trap
- The holes on each side are 150mm PVC sockets, that will take 150mm farm tuff pvc pipe
- Weight is 4 tonne